Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spread the Love.

I wanted to first apologize for the blasts of Polyvore posts I've done in the past two days. I just can't seem to stop, its a very addictive site, and a great outfit planner! Check it all out here.

We are still in Hawaii, I promise, I am just in the midst of an event at work, so my Hawaii research is on hold, however I will have new posts when I return from vacation  mid-next week. So I promise more aloha-hula next week.

For now, I was thinking back to the very beginning of the blog, and realized that I never posted about take aways or in non-event people terms - gifts for your guests. Take aways are always a big part of my fundraising events, where in you want to say thank you to all your guests that enabled your cause to be supported. They are part of the experience, and a component that will keep guests returning, year after year.

* ...and yes, you give a gift to your wedding guests, at the reception.

There are a wide variety of different items that you can use for this. Anything from wine and chocolates to vases and candles, its totally up to you. You need to remember though that these costs add up quickly, and if your on a budget, the crystal picture frames may not be for you.

If your crafty or a good baker, you can always make a little bag of cookies or a cupcake. My favourite take away to make is jam, hence the "spread the love" title. You can make huge batches of jam pretty for pretty cheap, and small mason jars are quite inexpensive. The tags you can make yourself, using stamps or stencils. It doesn't get much more personal and cuter than that.

Check out the pictures below, and try making your own at your next dinner party or social event!

Lo.





No comments:

Post a Comment