Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Rustic.

I'm pretty much the farthest away from being outdoorsy, or in other words rustic. I used to see events with big glossy lights, incredibly large centerpieces and sparkle wherever sparkle could be put. Thankfully, I have matured since my glitter phase and broadened my horizons in terms of decor. I have seem to fallen in love with the rustic wedding theme. There are a variety of elements to this theme, and no actual rules to follow which is why I love it so much. Lo is not a big fan of rules!
I've noticed that the venues chosen for most rustic weddings are outdoors. Most of receptions happen in a barn. If you don't have a barn handy, don't fret. Many outdoor venues, like ranches and even some orchards and farms do.
In regards to the decor most of the materials used are natural looking. Everything from twine, mason jars, paper flowers, birch peelings, bark, wooden cake stands, doily like tablecloths, candlelight and paper lanterns can be used in the rustic theme. Flowers work well with this too, probably because they are a real element of nature. DUH. But mixed wild flowers to brighten the theme up very appropriately.
Check out the pictures I sourced below. Maybe they will inspire you to be rustic? Maybe?



No comments:

Post a Comment