Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Myakka.

When I'm on vacation, I like to get away from the scheduling, and the routine, and kind of just go with the flow of wherever I might find myself. That is exactly what I did in Florida. One of the places we decided to go on the way back from Venice, was check out Myakka River State Park. For only 6 bucks, you were admitted entrance to one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. The trees, and greenery are literally stunning.


Myakka Park boasts a variety of different activities such as fishing, air boat tours, canopy walks, bird watching, hiking and of course camping and picnicking. The bird walk had to be my favourite part of the whole park. It is literally just a boardwalk with a lookout point at the end, but it looks out to the most peaceful and beautiful view. I promise you won't even feel like your in Florida.



In terms of a venue, I don't suggest it for a wedding or meeting place, however for photo shoots (engagement, wedding etc. ) it would be absolutely beautiful and pretty unique. Especially if you got a gator somewhere in the background ;). If your ever down in Sarasota, please check this park out. I promise you will not be disappointed.




No comments:

Post a Comment