Monday, May 14, 2012

La Citron.

I'm not too sure if this post is coming to early. I usually find that the citrus decor tones, come out closer to the summer months, but whatever, it's to refreshing to ignore right now. 

When I was younger, I never wore yellow or orange. It was the first colour I would pick up at the store, but my mom would always make me put it back, saying those tones made me look pale. Heart-wrenching I know. As I got older I just stopped listening and I will purchase orange and yellow clothing as I please.

The same idea goes for decor. When I first started into events, I would use decor as long as it matched with my surroundings. Champagne, neutrals, black, white, and soft hues seemed to be the easiest to work with the carpet and flowers and the grotesque chandeliers hanging from the ceiling.  As I got more comfortable, it was easy to envision your look and ignore the surroundings. This sounds wrong right? If you play your colours right it will usually fall into place, and the walls and carpets will compliment your decor rather than the other lame way around.

I have yet to do a bright yellow theme, but have done pretty much every other colour. If you start small; say yellow trimmings at an outdoor barbecue or green at a baby shower, you'll get more accustomed to it.

PS. The colour schemes, like yellow and orange and pink, really brighten up your crowd too. I guarantee no boring people at your colourful shin-digs.

x Lo

Photos courtesy of: Style Me Pretty
Photographer: Johnny Miller




No comments:

Post a Comment